While normal Trance involves a logicalist and foreigner pair sharing half of their logic with each other, Overtrance is a last-resort move where the pair share all of their Logic with each other. As a result, the power of the user is massively increased, causing them to take on a stronger form. However, it causes the user to lose a portion of their logic, damaging the user's personality and rendering them unable to trance ever again unless their Logic Card is found. Due to the dangers involved, Overtrance cannot be used unless the permission of an ALCA branch chief, such as Veronica Ananko, is given.
Instances of Overtrance being attempted or used include:
- Yoshichika Tsurugi, shown in Episode 1, uses this technique two years before the main storyline to fight off an invading Foreigner in Hong Kong.
- Mana Asuha attempted to use Overtrance in Episode 5 to defeat Quetzalcoatl, but was stopped by Yoshichika before she could.
- Yoshichika and Athena use Overtrance in Episode 11 to fight Olga Breakchild and Lucifer, who also Overtrance in response.
While Overtrance is not a special mechanic or specific card type in the Luck & Logic TCG, there are several member cards that represent Overtrance in the TCG. Each of them represent significant events in the anime's timeline.
Overtrance cards have several unique traits:
- They are all level 5. Since the maximum number of cards one can have in the level zone in four, they each require special conditions in order to be mobilized.
- Forbidden Overtrance, Yoshichika requires a yellow, a blue, and a green Tranceunion to be sent to the drop zone through the ability of Intracerebral Simulation, Yoshichika.
- Overtrance of Holy Light, Yoshichika requires a Yoshichika from each level from 1 to 4 for the ability of Trance Talent, Yoshichika. Copies of Overtrance of Holy Light, Yoshichika can modify their own level while in the level zone to assist with fulfilling the requirement.
- Overtrance of Despair, Olga is the simplest to mobilize, requiring the abilities of either Paradise Together, Lucifer or Serious Effort, Olga.
- Divine Overtrance, Mana requires you to send a Mei member to the drop zone by the cost of the ability of Look Up at the Sky, Mana, essentially using three members for the trance instead of two. Like Olga, it is also relatively simple to mobilize.
- Their tranceunion symbol is red instead of the usual green .
- Each of them have a territory of 4.
|Luck & Logic anime|
|Characters|| Yoshichika Tsurugi ● Athena ● Tamaki Yurine ● Venus ● Chloe Maxwell ● Valkyrie ● Mana Asuha ● Artemis|
Veronica Ananko ● Nemesis ● Yukari Nanahoshi ● Olga Breakchild ● Shiori Tsurugi ● Rentaro Tsurugi ● Belial
Utsutsuno Jarno ● Lucifer ● Quetzalcoatl
|Terminology|| Another Logic Counter Agency ● Covenant ● Demon god ● Foreigner ● Gate ● Logic ● Logic Card ● Logic Drive|
Logigraph ● Logicalist ● Overtrance ● Paradox Zone ● Paradox Sick ● Septpia ● Tetra-Heaven ● Trance (Trancejack)
|Music||STORY ● Beyond the Covenant ● SONGS & MELODY (Album)|
|Episode List||List of Luck & Logic episodes|